Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nearly 100% of these incidents are result of people disobeying the police.

Coincidence?

You live in a country founded on disobedience. The cops are supposed to be able to work around that without assaulting women and children.

Yet disobedience of a LEO’s commands will usually result in a Dumbass getting sprayed or tased. Or arrested for resisting. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. Period. It’s really pretty simple.

In all of my interactions with LEO’s over the last 45 years of driving, I’ve never been sprayed, tased, or assaulted.
You treat folks with courtesy and respect and 99 % of them will treat you the same. I’ve never had an issue.
I’ve got my DL, Insurance, and Carry Permit waiting for the Officer, before he approaches my window. And I’m not dialing or talking to someone on my cell phone. Hands on the steering wheel, and no sudden movements or digging around under the seat or in the console. I answer their questions and and follow instructions with a courteous yes sir or no sir.
It’s not exactly rocket science.

And I’m guessing the baby got sprayed as the perp was resisting or making evasive movements.
And like others mentioned, the perps story doesn’t add up.
Even if he had a warrant, there was no need to call anybody to pick up the child, if his wife and sister were in the same vehicle.

And, what was the warrant for ? Assault, Murder, Rape, drugs, felony fleeing, etc??? I’m guessing the LEO had a little more info available to him then you do.

I’d be interested in seeing the LEO’s body cam or Patrol Car video before I rush to judge.

And, I personally got stopped by an LEO on the way to town yesterday. Didn’t notice the Inspection Sticker on one of my old Farm Trucks was expired. The LEO was courteous and told me to get it taken care of. I thanked him and continued on my way to town. End of story.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~