Easy to bag on Baldwin. He’s a douchebag.

But the puzzle may really be, on a movie set, when there are scenes wherein the muzzle is, by plan/script, pointed at the camera, or pointed at an individual, what then is considered unsafe? So, in movie making, it’s not as simple as we make it while hunting or sport shooting, as to simply muzzle-control and all will be fine even should there be an error made in handling.

What i wonder is, what was Baldwin DOING when this firearm fired? Was he in a scene where he was instructed to be pointing the revolver (?) directly where he was, and instructed to be pulling the trigger in the shot? Can’t blame him, then. The firearm’s prep by the armorer and whatever safety protocols they have, are at fault in that scenario.

On the other hand, if he was f’ing around with said revolver, outside the scene/filming, or, in the scene but not pointing the weapon where he was instructed to/expected to per training, then yeah, the death is on him due negligence, any armorer’s “mistake” being no excuse.

Thus far, all i’ve read is the scapegoating of the armorer. It’s only human to blame someone else in an event like this, at least initially kneejerk in the shick of what happened, and particularly if one is a Hollywood self-absorbed douchebag who hates guns, no doubt. But, be interesting to hear eventually WHAT the real context of the shooting was, per above.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.