Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not sure why everyone has such a hard on for brisket.

Chipotle commercial got everyone horned up....lol

It'll be $100 briskets while you and I remain broke as fuuck.

No doubt about it.

Big Jim.. legit question and ain’t trying to be a smarta$$ but if you’re stocked deep with the best beef as you claim..how come you’d stay broke?

Seems people will pay top dollar, as I see those Costco steaks flying out the doors..

It's difficult selling beef. We are not set up to sell retail cuts. We can sell quarters, but slaughter dates are hard to coordinate. Everyone has to be ready to take and pay for their beef when the butcher says come pick it up.

It's a lot of messing around.

What we have in our freezers now is labeled with our name and also says Not For Sale.

It would be illegal to sell it. The beef we sell has the customers name on it. We are selling a quarter to a whole of a live animal. That's how we legally sell it.

We sold some beef this year, and it turned out well. Didn't make much if any money.....but we basically get our beef for free. You can't just feed one at a time.

It's difficult to get people to commit to taking beef in bulk. They don't want to get stuck with 400 pounds of garbage.

It's difficult for people up here to come up with the money....even though it's a great savings.

Also, not everyone has room for a half a beef.

I am MAGA.