Originally Posted by Dutch
I fed some of our beef to a neighbor last year, explaining it came from my farm manager's herd to see if they would like it. I probably salted the mine a little, stir frying a fillet just absolutely perfectly --- I was pretty proud of that meal.

Anyway, the lady bonehead goes out and falls for the "grass fed beef" advertising and buys a half of what should have been a canner cow. Then she claims "we can't eat it". Well, yeah, it's not like industrial beef, lady, you actually have to know how to cook uttra lean meat. Yeah, it's stringy and tough if you cook it as if it has a lot of intermuscular fat. I grew up eating lean beef, so stewing, swiss steak, chile, etc comes pretty natural to me. Not to her.

Back to our neighbor, she'll never buy another half of beef again. Doesn't matter how many times I feed her a great t-bone, she's convinced the good meat comes from Albertson's. And she's poisoning the well by telling everyone that'll listen that ranch finished beef is awful.

That's what makes it hard to build a brand and sell beef off the farm. Sheisters screwing things up at every opportunity. .

Yep.

I am MAGA.