MY personal choices is based around the thought process of what I actually would want to use in a fight, versus what is comfortable or convenient, though that does play a factor. What I have found size wise for me is that while I can shoot a G26 slow fire pretty accurately, I cannot do so in a rapid manner. Running a G26 through typical USPSA drills I find that the G26 is simply too small for my size XL hands and my performance suffers substantially compared to a G19/17.

I find the G19 is about the smallest I am willing to go, that were I to be forced to engage a couple of BGs, that I would be comfortable with the handgun, my ability to perform with it, and the on board capacity. While I carry a J frame often as a BUG, the G19 is really the smallest in terms of daily primary carry.

Yes, there are a bunch of new guns on the market now that are roughly the same category. Yes they all do something new and improved. But most are still guns that require a holster. While there is nothing new or exciting about a G19, I trust it completely as I have used one rather extensively personally and as a work gun and that familiarity to the point of unconscious competence is another factor that tends to have me favor the G19 (or a G17/34). I don't have to think about running one or lining up the sights or trigger control. I can focus on the threat.

Frankly I consider Glock 9mms to be like high quality utility knives. There is not a single thing exciting about it. But as long as you feed it quality ammo/blades, whatever, it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Put the pistol in a high quality holster and a proper belt and you are good to go. The holster and belt play far more into carrying comfort than many inexperienced tend to realize. I see guys complaining about how XX is too big to carry but upon further discussion it is revealed that they put their $700 fancy blaster in a $25 piece of garbage and hate carrying the gun due to discomfort. A proper holster makes all the difference in the world.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com