Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
MY personal choices is based around the thought process of what I actually would want to use in a fight, versus what is comfortable or convenient, though that does play a factor. What I have found size wise for me is that while I can shoot a G26 slow fire pretty accurately, I cannot do so in a rapid manner. Running a G26 through typical USPSA drills I find that the G26 is simply too small for my size XL hands and my performance suffers substantially compared to a G19/17.

I find the G19 is about the smallest I am willing to go, that were I to be forced to engage a couple of BGs, that I would be comfortable with the handgun, my ability to perform with it, and the on board capacity. While I carry a J frame often as a BUG, the G19 is really the smallest in terms of daily primary carry.

Yes, there are a bunch of new guns on the market now that are roughly the same category. Yes they all do something new and improved. But most are still guns that require a holster. While there is nothing new or exciting about a G19, I trust it completely as I have used one rather extensively personally and as a work gun and that familiarity to the point of unconscious competence is another factor that tends to have me favor the G19 (or a G17/34). I don't have to think about running one or lining up the sights or trigger control. I can focus on the threat.

Frankly I consider Glock 9mms to be like high quality utility knives. There is not a single thing exciting about it. But as long as you feed it quality ammo/blades, whatever, it will give you a lifetime of reliable service.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Put the pistol in a high quality holster and a proper belt and you are good to go. The holster and belt play far more into carrying comfort than many inexperienced tend to realize. I see guys complaining about how XX is too big to carry but upon further discussion it is revealed that they put their $700 fancy blaster in a $25 piece of garbage and hate carrying the gun due to discomfort. A proper holster makes all the difference in the world.

This^^^^ 100%.

Manny