grandfather used to work for the county road department - mostly mowing. He had all kinds of stories of finding stuff.

moonshine stashes, tools, a stack of playboy magazines, lots of stuff that just fell out of trucks like chainsaws , tanks, compressors....

he told me he came up on a crate of Belgium Browning shotguns wrapped up still in cosmoline or whatever they shipped them in.

He made it a point to not touch anything he knew was likely illegal or stolen.Said he left it where he found it. That must have been hard, he loved Brownings.

After watching No Country for Old Men, I understand why he never picked up any of it.

a few weeks ago I was driving down I-75 and saw a Husqvarna push mower in the median. I might have stopped had I saw it in time to slow down and get over. I suspect it fell off a landscapers rig. Motor might have been salvageable.

My BIL had a table saw he was particularly proud of and left it with my dad while my sis and him moved into their new house. He asked my dad to bring it over one day so dad and I throw it in the back of the truck. Dad wasn't much for slowing down on windy roads, takes a turn and that table saw flips out of the back of the truck and rolls down a steep kudzu covered hill. He gets out , looks down at that mangled saw at the bottom of this hill, looks at me and says "I ain't getting that". We get in the truck and never mention it again.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/15/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings