Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by kenjs1
I am not steeped in Biblical knowledge and often appreciate some of these discussions. I know a member who I trust very much in these matters but he has not chimed in. I did not watch the entire video but find hard for me to understand how some things are reconciled, at least to the point where I could comfortably explain it to someone else.
Jesus was in the fire, Jesus was born Son of God then Jesus was infused with the holy spirit at baptism.

Other parts that eluded me in the past included how could he say Why hast thou forsaken me - although I have gotten a pretty good answer on that one.

I found this article that refutes Jesus being around prior to birth. Not sayin it is right or I agree but wonder at how some points might be countered. In part - if Jesus had to be truly human.....could he be eternal?
Was Jesus Son of God from eternity

The answer about whether Jesus was Son Of God eternally is answered in John 1:1-3, 14.

Consider Verse 14. It reads, "The Word BECAME flesh."

Also if we look at Colossians 1:15. "The first born of all creation."

Don't forget Revelation 3:14. Jesus is "the Beginning of the creation of God."

The Word of God IS eternal. "God in the flesh" is the manifestation of the invisible Spirit of God.

I think I get you Ringman. Thanks for responding. I am still fuzzy on the role of his baptism though. Hoping others will chime in too.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius