I followed the trial very closely, and watched every minute of the jury instructions and closing arguments today.

1.). Innocent on all charges, but I can see it getting hung.
2.) 12 jurors out of all that sat in throughout get selected tomorrow at random. Others on standby as alternatives. So we truly don’t know the jury makeup yet.
3.). It doesn’t take just 1 to acquit, it takes 12. Just like it takes all 12 for guilty. Somebody misinformation in previous posts - It takes 1 (or more) either way to hang the jury (in Wisconsin). If it gets hung, I’m not sure the DA will retry. Especially after the lead and second prosecutor get disbarred for prosecutorial misconduct.
4.). If I were on the jury, easy to acquit on all charges. In fact I’d make a case for Kyle to get a key to the city.
5.). IMO Kyle made a bad personal decision to get involved that night, given the volatility. But that’s not a reason to convict as all his actions were justified and he showed a lot more restraint than I ever would. If he did anything different once the SHTF, he would not have been on trial and none of us would have ever heard of him - as he would have been dead and forgotten by now.

Last edited by Stammster; 11/15/21.