Originally Posted by T_Inman
That "mid way" point of bolt closure is more like 7/8 way up and this is the first I have heard of carrying in that position. I have hunted Africa and didn`t see that but I don't plan to go again so I guess it is a moot point.

Good luck keeping that muzzle control when falling on your ass. There isn`t a damn person here who hasn't flagged someone by accident, even if unknowingly. I won't believe otherwise. Shame on us all for that. It is inexcusable but it is naive to think you always have total control of that muzzle, in any situation.

Between this and some other folk`s thoughts concerning gun handling and responsibility on other threads I can see why Deflave and Big Stick think so highly of Texans...

I never saw anyone walking around randomly with a bolt up procedure. It was only when on the final stalk with dangerous game. There were never any round in the chamber when the rifles were being carried slung or in the trucks (fully unloaded).

Muzzle control is paramount so I don't get your comment about falling on your ass and what I observed. You can fall at any time even on a final stalk so muzzle control doesn't end with that either.