Originally Posted by Beaver10
I get it....Your brother hates the political teaching situation and he’s been biting his tongue for years, just waiting to clock out for good ~ am I sorta right? This isn’t a put down, just assuming a smidge of self perseverance would say, stfu, I’m almost out of here. Then, hello pension.

I’ve said this before...Conservative teachers from our era are either long dead or retired. If they were very young, they are like your brother, waiting out retirement age to hit.

Something very simple happened, and right before our blind eyes 30 years ago. “Affluent Mom’s”....Soccer mom’s, stay at home moms, mom’s with too much money and time on their hands that came from places like Portland, Seattle, California, New York.

They got involved with their kids at school thru PTA. They ran for and won volunteer position on school boards. They brought with them their cultural diversity, their love of city conveniences, and a deep desire to recreate what they once held as a utopia where they had lived before. Yeah, where they had lived before ~ Before they fûck’d everything up!

Those places they left had became inhospitable to their way of life; raising kids around druggies, gangs, homelessness, murder, high taxes, etc, wasn’t acceptable. They sought something better, something safer. But what these moms didn’t understand is, they were they cause of these problems by their very own self servicing nature to make everything better, by their standards.

Moms with money and too much time on their hands will start an inferno of social unrest.

🦫

Conservatives have known that liberals had taken over the entire education system for decades now and have done nothing about it but whine and complain. Like I said before, there's been nothing stopping conservatives from becoming teachers. The biggest reasons I hear are that it's too liberal dominated or there isn't enough money in it.