Originally Posted by bbassi
Rong last year was my first year back since before they went to antler restrictions. They say in PA now 40% of the bucks are killed in archery, and a lot of the old timers have faded away and not been replaced by a new generation. I guess what I'm trying to say is the pressure I remember in the 80s and early 90s was not a factor last year. PA also has fewer deer than they did back then, which is OK in my eyes. I remember a couple 100 deer opening days back then, but every deer was the size of my Labs and you had to scan every head looking for those 3" spikes. Pennsylvania eleven pointers we called them. grin

Yea, the archery lobby probably won't be happy until it is 50% and maybe not even then....I suspect they will be lobbying for a special Atlatl and speareechucker (the correct spelling was blacked out...Wokeness on the fire???) season soon..Week for each, before rifle...It's more difficult, you know..But then how did they reach 40%plus..Oh, forgot...six week season....

And when you have lobbyists....political pockets are always being greezed...

The reason rifle pressure is off is because of that 40% being gone...

And the GC loves the silent killers vs us boomers....and you always could bow hunt on Sunday wink

Addition: And be sure and use all those 6 Doe tags you are allowed...Why care about the future?!? When the Pa Deer hunting tradition has been completely wiped out, you will only need to look at the GC for an answer.

Last edited by battue; 11/26/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler