Penn Dog..

And I know pretty much what you are referring to...and would prefer to hunt the same way as you...Although the years have cramped my style a little as far as the getting them out is concerned. Still can do it, but it takes longer.

And if you want to find Bigger Bucks, then an area with fewer Does is often the key....and in many cases a 1/2 mile off the road is further than they are willing to go.

That being said...there has to be a compromise. We can't expect to bring around future generations of hunters, if they go into the wood and see none or only a few. The young need a fire and seeing something and thinking they have a chance is one of the igniters.

My blame with the GC is they have gone too far with herd reduction, along with allowing almost 50% of the Bucks to be shot off by the time rifle season comes around.

Yet the blame lies with us...Most every Doe tag is sold, and most try to fill at least one or two..It would only take a couple years of the hunters holding off on Doe tags and the turn around would be quick.

And yes, another ot their management failures has been for years to sit on their ass and watch Pa Bird hunting go into the trash....

And they brag about bringing in Eagles and Fishers...as mentioned they don't eat fish..... "Fishers are carnivorous, feeding primarily on small and mid- sized mammals such as snowshoe hares, squirrels, mountain beavers, mice and birds. They also eat other foods, including insects, fruit, fungi and winter- kill deer and elk."

Hunters buy a license to hunt, not to have their money spent on making Pa more Eagle friendly..Let the birders and leaf peepers do that if it is so important....Makes you wonder whose side they are on.

Addition: With the Eagle cams, individuals can comment and oooh and ahhh about what they seeing as the eggs hatch...I made the comment that hunters dollars are the reason they can watch live...You would have thought I dropped the F bomb in church...Hunters are getting absolutely zero return on the money being spent on Eagles. Either in good publicity or an increase in fish and what we hunt.

Last edited by battue; 11/28/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler