Eleven + years back, I had my mom's inheritance and was able to buy a rifle I could only dream off. It has been posted here on the CF numerous times. As the seller put it, "The wood to metal fit is ungodly tight!". So very true..... Any way, I was out working on a new Barnes Bullets 101 gr LRX load and it consistently puts the first two shots close together and the 3rd approximately 3.5 times larger. It does this with other bullets as well. As the barrel heats up, the 3rd shot opens the group. I let the barrel cool all the way to out door temps between groups. Today....45 F. Thursday, 25 F. Same thing. The load it liked today will put the first two shots .5" to .6" apart with the 3rd shot going out to 2.2" to 2.4". Someone mentioned I should free float the barrel. Here I am, asking the Custom Rifle members your opinions on such an undertaking; do it....don't do it......run the simple business card trick under the front action screw?.......Live with it as a 2-shot rifle? Who would be a great candidate to take on such a potential task? Am I missing anything? Am I not asking the right questions?

Your thoughtful comments and opinions would be appreciated!

Alan

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]