Mackay sagebrush: Don't confuse yourself anymore than you already have - I have many, many dozens of pistols, Rifles and shotguns that I currently shoot!
And I have been shooting firearms for 68 full years now (started at age 6).
I have shot pistols, Rifles, pellet guns and shotguns, already, so far this month.
I am 3 guns behind in cleaning right now.
I AM a shooter - professionally trained in some disciplines in fact.
I dare say I go through 5,000 (five thousand!) to 8,000 (eight thousand!) rounds of rimfire, centerfire and shotshell ammunition per year!
I shoot guns A LOT!
But pointing out your simplistic and uninformed contention that EVERY firearm must be shot to be "enjoyed" is simply incorrect, and it is to the point of being stupid!
I AM a collector, as well, and have been doing so profitably, I might add, for a very long time.
Trying to besmirch anyone for collecting guns is puzzling, snobbish and frankly stupid!
Calling my learned experience and disdain of leather holsters and my commenting against their use, when better options are available, an "admonishment" - well that is just a stretch.
I have not worn, used or stored a pistol in a leather holster for decades now - I have about 40+ of them in my gun vault room on a long shelf should you be interested in buying any.
Carrying and or storing a blued pistol (and stainless pistols to a lesser extent) will diminish a pistols value, eventually.
Leather holsters look good but they are NOT for me, any longer (after using them personally and professionally for over 40 years).
You've been "admonished" (again?).
And again this - there are many reasons to own firearms - shooting is just ONE of them!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy