Only on the Campfire.... several different points of view, all sides are completely right, but it's got to be a pissing match because .....

A. I can see and appreciate collecting....look at specialized gun collections with every variation of a particular manufacturer or model....it's impressive to me, just to see it. To consider the time, resources, research and dedication that go into it is admirable.

B I can appreciate accumulating (the difference between collectors and accumulators being accumulators don't go to the meetings.) I'm an accumulator, I get some guns "just because" but there's no rhyme or reason behind what I get.

C. There are the traders. They love to wheel and deal. I have a brother like that with antiques. So many times I've seen him after an auction and he shows me some great score, something interesting, with a history. He knows all about it. Next time I'm at his house it's gone down the road because he was able to triple his money. Some guys do this with guns and if their only interest is how much they can make on a deal, more power to them. Not for me to say it's a waste of his time and money....it's his time and money.

D. Some are hard-core users. They just want to shoot. They want a gun to work for them and don't care what it looks like or what it takes to get there, they just want it to work and work well.

E. Some are mechanical hobbyists. They love to tinker, to machine, to make, build, modify, improve.

Most of us have overlaps, portions of two or more of the above in us. I would say I'm about equal parts B, D, and E.

Mathew 22: 37-39