I shoot subsonic/suppressed .22 lr for rock chuck damage control. A heavy barrel ruger stainless/laminate 77/22 with the muzzle threaded. Ammo is 40 grain CCI subsonic at 1050 fps (pure lead with a bit larger hollow point). I mounted a 10x SWFA super chicken on it, with 40 moa reticle. A 50 yard zero will require 7 moa at 100 yards....40 moa gets me to 260 yards. And yes, I've killed many chucks over 200 yards, including a few out to 275 yards. The accuracy and repeatability of that rig still amazes me, even after all these years of using it. The other thing I find interesting is how it easily dispatches rock chucks.....they are soft and die easily.

For a desert varmint rig, I shoot the same model rifle in 22 mag, using 40 grain winchester jhp. I have a leupold 6x42 on it with the long range duplex. +1" at 75 yards gives me a 100 zero. The dots represent 130 and 165 yards....the top of the post is 200 yards. Off my shooting sticks, a 200 yard jackrabbit is in deep trouble.....providing the wind is minimal. Summertime coyotes require a perfect hit to kill quickly with it, but called in to inside 100 yards, it's no problem with that rifle. It has lots of dogs to it credit.

Andy3