Originally Posted by reivertom
I really don't understand people that claim Christ didn't happen, and it's all a myth, but spend so much time trying to troll and ridicule people that are believers. If it is all a big scam and there is no God, then why do they spend any time from their short and only life here on Earth, reading post about Jesus and responding to them? I don't troll atheists or other religions, it never occurs to me. What do they gain?

That is a good question that I had for quite a few years. When I studied the Reprobate doctrine, it started to make sense.
Romans 1 is God's list of what characteristics can develop in someone He considers Reprobate. They don't want so much as a real baby Jesus Christmas post the Christmas Sunday. Why would the guys on the top three quarters of the previous page do everything they can to criticize, debate, malign...?

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things..."

When I see someone exhibit those characteristics over and again, I Mark them down and reject them. Why?
They are not interested in the things of God. Some like to debate, but that's because it feeds their pride. It's not like having a conflict and establishing their reason for believing. They are hard core unbelievers who hardened their hearts against the good news and there's no convincing them otherwise. That's always been ok with me, it just saves time for others.
That's not good enough for them. They follow and malign and attack the messengers because they can't fight God's powerful Word. That's when they twist the truth and do everything they can to do their fathers will......intimidate believers and turn unbelievers from the gospel. They are unified by their fallen spirits who work as unified forces.
This is spiritual warfare and those spirits know it.
Bob Brown apparently got blasted as did Renegade for a time.
Praise the Lord! 🤜 🤛

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/27/21.