Originally Posted by antlers
You clearly choose to believe the evidence that suits your agenda, and you clearly choose to deny the evidence that doesn’t suit your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I merely point to the evidence (which you ignored). The evidence supports the reality of a Socrates who taught in the Athenian Agora. I don't need to believe this. The evidence is there. You can dispute the evidence if you like.

You choose to believe that as well. It’s OK with me that you choose to believe what you want to, and that you choose to not believe what you don’t want to.

I can't choose to believe; the evidence is either there or it is not. The evidence for Socrates lies in the accounts of multiple people who lived at the time and knew the man, one of them - Aristophanes - being a critic of Socrates.

Which is not to say that some didn't embellish the story of Socrates, only that it's likely that he existed, was a philosopher and taught in the agora.

For the record, I think that was a real Charismatic Rabbi/teacher- 'Jesus/Yeshuah' - upon which the mythology of the son of God/messiah/blood sacrifice was built.

Last edited by DBT; 12/30/21.