Originally Posted by paint
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Rockin b bar nailed it...too much money. As far as barrel racers go, it's about the same thing. The more your parents or husband can afford, the better your horses, the better your horses the more you win. If you take first in the NFR, you have just about paid for 1/4 of your pickup and trailer. Brat hobby. Behind every successful barrel racer is a ton of money.

Yep.

I used to team rope...a lot. Was even married to a barrel racer for a while. Behind every successful barrel racer is a puzzy whipped sad sack who saddles her horses, drives her everywhere, and takes her orders. His life is hell if he doesn’t, or if she ain’t winning all the time. Her daddy is usually extremely relieved to have that sad sack take over his chores when she’s of age. Ask me how I know..

It’s always been a money game, even more so now. Gotta have the newest truck and trailer, constant vet bills, new horses. And a new groom/driver (I.E., sad sack) when the current one is tired of her schidt. No matter how good that stuff is, it ain’t worth it for long.

JMO.

Dated a couple of 'horse hags' as a yute....didn't learn after the first, swore to never again after the second.

FJB & FJT