I've had 3, mid-70's 77V's in .25-06 and .220 Swift and a mid-80's 77 in 7mmRM. Sadly, the .25-06 went down the road. It was a fine shooter and with hot loads of 3031 or 4064 would put 75 grain Sierra HP's in tight little 3/4" clusters. It was the complete and utter destruction of a number of woodchucks. The Swift I still have and, after a hiatus of a number of years, I have broken it out to play with some more. It wears a fixed 16X Leupold and I am hoping to get it to show the same accuracy it used to. I won't say how well it shot back in the day, with 55 grain Nosler Solid Base bullets for fear of being thought a liar. The 7mmRM, wearing its original 2 1/2 - 8 VariX III is still in the family, my having given it to one of my sons during one of my "Here, I need to get rid of some of these things, why don't you take this" exercises. It always shot well enough for what it was, hanging around an inch for five with appropriate Sierra and Nosler bullets. I could never get it to shoot the original X bullets well, but has killed several deer with them. It has killed more deer, I'm sure, than any other rifle I own.

Mathew 22: 37-39