Originally Posted by Proud_Dad
Originally Posted by gunner500

Back in the day, heavy varmint 220 Swift, extremely accurate with iirc 55gr Sierras and RL-15, 400 yard plastic pop bottle buster it was, only shot one animal with it, some kind of burrowing fat varmint down on the Arkansas river levee, damn thing must have weighed 35lbs, flattened it from the truck window at 200 yards LOL!

The most accurate 338 WM i've ever owned sold to Proud Dad right here on this site.

458 WM, also much more accurate than it needed to be, current owner told me he'll die owning that rifle ; ]

Just last year bought Wife an unfired [except for factory test] 7x57, what a sweet piece, it fires the old style 175gr Hornady round nose bullets at 2376 fps into around an inch and a half, not bad for a load not worked up for that rifle, all stock except adding an Ernie the Gunsmith spring to lighten the trigger a bit, i loaded those things more than 25 years ago, it wears an old gloss 2-7 leupold and isn't going anywhere.

I still have it along with several other 77 tangers. Haven't headed to the mountains with that .338 yet, but it is ready to make the trip. Enjoy shooting it at the range.

That's awesome. That tanger must have an exceptional barrel. I've had many m77 mk2 338WM's and they were all exceptional shooters. Not as good as my current pre 64 338wm, but exceptional nonetheless... Now to answer the op's quetion:

1. 270 round top:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Do I miss it? NO. It was a great shooter, but was a tank compared to my 270 pre 64 FWT. It went down the road

2. 300wm that I bought about 5 years ago. Funny story: This old indian fisherman came into the gunshop and asked how much the owner would give him for it. Owner said $150. Indian guy left and I asked the shop owner if he wanted to make $50. He said yes. Took rifle home glass bedded it shot it:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Shot well enough, even though it was missing some rifling. I put another $175 into it with a nice cerakote job and the guy also jeweled the bolt. The rifling kind of irritated me, so I sold it to a friend. That kept asking about it. He really wanted a good shooting 300wm.

3. 270 winchester. Found this rifle for a damn good deal. It was in a synthetic stock and it felt great when packing around in the woods. I only paid $250 for the rifle and it was a damn good shooter. But nonetheless I don't like the 270 winchester so I sent it down the road.

4. One of my favorites was a 30-06 in a green and red laminated wood stock. I miss that old rifle. I killed many a coyote with it and it shot very well. A solid rifle that I should have never sold. I think about that one from time to time.

5. Tanger in 243 win. Shot so well, I have no idea why I sold it. Except back in the 90's I was reading Boddington and he said that if you are a left handed shooter, you need to sell all your right handed bolt actions because they are the devil. I sold all of my good rifles and bought 1 left handed Ruger m77 mk2 300wm. Later found out Boddington was so full of chidt his eyes were brown.. Now I have right handed rifles again. FU the douchebag that says they are the devil...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA