In SE Wisconsin, there are a lot less deer than 10 yrs ago. However, it is mostly cause they give out so many doe tags. On public land I get 3 doe tags for bow and three for gun. I can use all of them for bow , or gun or a mix. There were a lot of coyotes the last few years too . However , I took a 2 mile walk on the public land marsh yesterday and only came across one coyote track. There are a LOT of deer dead on the road and I am sure the hwy that goes along the public land gets more deer kills than hunters. I was surprised and how many deer are in the marsh this year. Why are there more now? Mostly cause the marsh does not have much water in it this year and there is tall grass and cattails all over for them to bed down and just enough green gras left for them to scrounge. Other years deer would not be there cause of so much water and spots where ya can break through the ice. If that happens when coyotes are chasin deer the deer are stuck and easy prey. As for this year, I dont know where the coyotes went, hopefully they died of mange, there were so many tracks last year and I still could not call one in. I went through New York form Ohio to Alexandria Bay back down to Utica , then up through Speculator and Old Forge. I didnt see much for deer over July 4th week. Did see some in the Daks, but they seemed close to camp sights and towns.

Last edited by ihookem; 01/14/22.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23