Originally Posted by flintlocke
In northern Calif it's not a plot or conspiracy, it's just bad decisions, one after another. The great migratory herds are gone, Dept of F&G doesn't listen to their own biologists. Increased traffic and the speed of traffic, the ban on mountain lion hunting, the ban on dogs for bear hunting, (the bear and mountain lion population has exploded) the huge loss of winter habitat to property development, and now when the deer populations are teetering toward unsustainable, the fools decide to protect wolves. Deer populations have always been cyclical, but now there are so many predators at the top of the food chain, the great herds of the past 40 years will never return to historic numbers.

Beat me to it. I was going to say not intentionally but though negligence. The state will only hire biologists that tell them what they want to hear. There isn't a single sportsman on the DFG commission. It was very prominent in the hunting community when he resigned. The biggest bad decision is the way fire is managed. Millions of acres of watershed and habit lost.
Property development bothers me more than anything. We are so stressed for resources but for some reason the state lets housing go on like there's no problem. Another follow the money scenario.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.