" Just for the record, boys, the insurance companies don't give a damn how many deer get hit by cars. It's not like they have some finite pool of money to pay out. The more they pay out, the more they charge and instances where people have to collect on their insurance only serves to further stimulate their customer base to buy more product. They employ actuaries to figure this schitt out and they raise their rates to cover their risks, and they are not concerned with the short term, they are in it for the long term."

Not in Georgia. I was a paramedic in central Georgia. Deer hunter falls from a tree, we worked with Game and Fish. Person injured in boat crash on Lake Sinclair, we worked it with Game and Fish. I was buddies with our two game wardens and I knew them on a first name basis. They told me that deer/car wrecks drove the insurance companies nuts. Game wardens told me that every year, State Farm and Prudential had lobbyists down at the state capitol, trying to get the legislature to expand the hunting season.

Furthermore, I worked some deer/car wrecks where there were terrible injuries. Not from the deer, but from the car swerving and hitting the oak tree. Worked one deer/car wreck where a 24 year old man got a broken back and was paralyzed from the waist down.. State Farm shelled out a couple hundred grand on medical expenses on that one, shelled out until the policy ran dry.

I was an avid deer hunter and I discussed this at length with my Game and Fish warden buddies, in fact they told me that the insurance companies would be happy if the deer herd were eradicated.