in PA i think the PAGC is getting what they wanted. almost unlimited doe licenses, deer population on state owned land waaay down and average antler size increased. this is allowing the forest to repopulate after their massive logging operations, unlike 30 years ago. when they logged my mountain in the mid-80s, it regenerated in garbage trees. still looks like schit. lots of birch, silver maple and brush. 30 years ago i would see herds of 50 deer. in the past 20 years since they went wild with the doe licenses, i'm lucky to see 2 or 3 deer a day in the same area and now the recently logged areas are coming back with oak, etc. the unforeseen issue of CWD is taking its toll in the south central part of the state as are coyotes. every pile of coyote schit i see is loaded with deer hair.

as for myself, i would prefer to go back to the old days, but i know its not going to happen.

now as for private property, i see waaaay more deer on there. so all in all, the hunting for joe sixpack like me has really declined.

and no i don't believe any or that insurance company coyote stocking stuff. insurance companies are going to make money no matter what.

My diploma is a DD214