Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by tzone
RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme Kit.

That's exactly where I'd start.^^^ Also, I have to say this: Guys suggesting all the comparators and chidt need to learn how to find the lands without all the costly gadgets. Most load manuals will teach you this. Soot the bullet or use a sharpie, no need for extra expense. You can also use your rifles chamber to set your dies with. These same guys are probably the ones that say they don't save any money reloading their own ammo... They may not at the rate they are going. Expensive as hell die sets, when they would have been just fine with RCBS you can buy at Walmart. The list goes on.......The op is looking to keep costs down, but getting misinformation regarding some extra non needed expenses.

I figured the guy wanted to load precision ammo for his hunting rifle....not to make cheaper reloaded ammo to save a dollar or two.

I suspect I was sooting bullets before you were chitting yellow......

I listed it in my post as a tool that comes later....there are several other techniques for finding the bullet barrel rifling land relationship....just none as precise and fast as with a Stoney Point tool.

Ps...
Never saw RCBS dies at any Walmart I've been in.