Before thinking about brand, I would make a list of items and sequence them into stages.

A kit is a pretty good way to get started, but you can pick up used items as well. I bet if you posted a want to buy add you would be surprised at the folks on here that have extra presses, dies, etc, they would unload for a decent price to someone just getting started.

Bar bones:
A press, preferably with the ability to prime cases so you don't have to buy a separate priming tool
Case lube
FL sizing die, bullet seating die, shell holder
powder scale
a utensil to get powder into scale pan from container
powder funnel
calipers to measure overall length and brass length
reloading data (with the hornady app you can purchase one cambering for $1, and even read the how to reload section); nosler has free 280ai data via website

Continued progress:
a way to clean your brass, tumbler, etc
a way to trim your cases, 280ai will take five or more firings before trimming is needed
powder measure to speed up the weighing process
tools to measure fired headspace
tools to measure bullet touching lands

A few notes on the 280ai:
-I have two and love them; brass and dies are expensive; reloading data is less common than many of the mainstream chamberings
-Lee's dies are for a "different" 280ai, not the commercial version; look at other brands
-brass options are limited to Nosler, Peterson, and Hornady
-PM me if you need guidance on which powders have worked well for me
-I would not spend money on "premium bullets" at first; standard cup and core bullets are half price, which means you will handload and shoot more
-a 160 grain sierra game king at 2,900fps has fantastic terminal performance
-don't get obsessed with high BC bullets - they can be finicky and over complicate things when you are just getting started