Originally Posted by rem141r
i only did kp in basic a couple times. they never let us near the food. it was basically just washing dishes and pots. lots and lots of dishes and pots.

Yeah, only time I had KP was in basic, washing dishes and pots. Lots and lots of dishes and pots! grin
The only duty I ever really disliked was setting up the Battalion Cmdrs tent when we were out in the field. RHIP. (Rank has its privileges)
We were sleeping in pup tents, but he had a GP Medium with carpet, for Christ sakes!
CQ wasn’t bad, I’d let the runner take a nap, and then I’d do the same while they minded the phone.
I still remember the MREs we used to fight over. Meatballs w/ BBQ sauce were like gold because they had the chocolate nut cake!
Lord how I loved those guys. We bitched and fought amongst ourselves, but there ain’t one that I wouldn’t have died for.
I still keep in touch with a few.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden