Originally Posted by strikeu
Originally Posted by renegade50
Death by touch tone to get a appt after a referal is a PITA.

Their fugging travel pay system is broke..
Used to have a pay cage then and their and on your way.
Now fill out a paper drop in a box.
Same # of travel pay people their all blacks..
Months to receive a travel pay now.

Admin and scheduling probs.....

Once you get into to you actual needed docs you are seeing then it aint bad.
They seem to be 90% white on the actual medical sides of the house.

Alot of issues at Nashvegas are N double O admin issues.
The new call center contract is a goat fugg.
Ph tag from hell.

Took 3 weeks of calls and left msgs never returned to finally get someone to connect me with the GI clinic schedule person to get alien probing ( colonoscopy) on 4 feb.

Only took 2 weeks of ph fugg after my 1st consol fell thru and had ta call referal doc to make another for knee surgery consol.

What kills me is the Clarksville VA cant electronically drop a frighing referral for a appt right then and their.

.gov and contract jobs for this call center schit.

They used to have a actual ph bk with extension #,s ..

Shaquithra the scheduling clerk dont like getying calls during her facebook time....

All the fugging msg,s when ya call
Did you know Blah blah blah
C19 blah blah blah
Gonna blow your brains out blah blah blah.

Just start punching 0,s and go into operator death by touch tone or the pass the buck let me connect you.
Which is always repeated several more times.

Admin and scheduling is a PITA.
Like your inconveniencing them by making them do their job...

if travel pay is the thing breaking your back then you have more issues than the pittance that it costs you to get to the Hospital. I fill out the form electronically with my card, and get travel pay within a couple of weeks, I drive about 70 minutes 1 way and get about $50 when I file, if I even remember to do that. travel pay is not my priority, can't imagine why it would be anyone's unless they just want to Biatch about something.

to talk with your team for scheduling, prescriptions, referrals, almost anything, Get secure messaging from here: https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home. if you don't have an account with that website, you're an idiot.

My primary care team will answer my messages in about an hour, same day worst case if they're really busy. I'm in Alabama dude, EVERYONE at the VA is black. so fugging what? that makes absolutely zero difference in my care. My primary care doctor is black and quite possibly the best doctor I have had even on active duty.

it sounds like there are a lot of answers to your problems, but you just want to whine, cry, and complain instead of helping your situation.

get some sack and stop belly aching.

I would like to have a pleasant scheduling experience like your facility supports.
Nashvegas is the polar opposite and serves a huge demographic.
Travel pay is not a make or break issue for me.
They went from a pay cage on the spot on your way out.
To a paper drop morass that takes months.
It is a irritating loss of efficiency.
And the problem here is black admins/ clerical 100%.
Once past them .
Services are smooth.
My PCM doc/ referral guy here in clarksville VA is about the 7th or 8th one I have had since 08 era. Which adds to my total frustration.
Outside referrals over the years from Clarksville and Nashville VA have caused me to physically go obtain med docs, xray and mri reads and CD disc and bring them in for my VA records.
Doing leg work for em basically.
The excuse has always been VA saying their computer system is having problems or interoperability/ downtime issues in the data transfer.
The places I have received referrals to always say they dont have problems with record request in the Nationwide VA system when needed only Clarksville and Nashville and when they do work they both take a inordinate amount of time in their request from their end.

It is admin and clerical not doing their job in a prompt manner on the VA side of the house.

Thats about it AFAIC.