Originally Posted by kennymauser
I have been in the Montana VA system for many years, and I am very pleased with how I am treated, when I am treated, and the time it takes.
So far, I have had both knees and a hip replaced by excellent doctors in the local hospitals, have gotten many pairs of glasses and hearing aids at either the VA clinic or a civilian one.
I had an emergency DVT/Pulmonary Embolism several years ago. All they told me was get your ass to the nearest emergency room.
Of course they picked up the whole bill--no questions asked.
The only thing I have to pay for is my prescriptions which are $5.00 for 30 days. each. Purple Heart recipients get their meds. free.
Actually, before Covid, it was kind of fun sitting in the waiting rooms visiting / bull-schitting with all of the other Vets.
I have a few complaints about the VA, but if some of the politicians would keep their friggen hands out of everything, the VA would be even better.
Right now, they are getting enough help, but like all of businesses in Montana they are having a hard time finding anybody who wants to work.

How do you get them to pay for civilian providers? Also, my prescriptions are free, mailed to me.

Last edited by blairvt; 01/22/22.