Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Anyone else leaving it laying ? Prices are stupid ..

Yep, like some packages of steaks up to $60.00, i.e., a serving for two of Filet Mignon. Ridiculous!

I was paying $3.98/# last year for whole vac-pac tenderloins. The price now is $8-10 per pound at the same place…..which is actually still a great price but it’s still double the price that it was last year. Getting more independent from grocery stores and relying more on homegrown and local has been our goal. Since our (short) long term plan is to put this state in the rear view mirror and make our permanent residence up north I’m planning the new build with an eye and emphasis on sustainability. Being able to plan, build, plumb and wire properly rather than piecing in later should help with ease and productivity. No longer does one have to do much “penciling” to realize that the initial investment won’t take long to recoup. Not only do you have the benefit of a better and more nutritious vegetable or fruit but it now becomes cheaper than buying some tasteless piece of corporate farmed crap. I doubt I’ll ever raise beef, I’ll just keep supporting the small, local rancher. I don’t see groceries getting cheaper. Food, like everything these days will be used by the government as a weapon.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~