Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by Dutch
Buying beef off my farm manager every year has friggen ruined me from eating industrial beef. Can’t stand the mushy mouth feel and the slimy fat. Now the bastard has started half bred heritage pigs, and I’m on the hook for one or two of those every year. Now industrial pork chops are dry and chewy....

But compared to you guys, the redhead and I are just pikers, merely two freezers and three fridges.

Must go atone........

I'd like to find some beef like that. Everytime we've tried to buy a prime Angus it turns out to be an old Holstein that died of old age out behind a dairy. If the farmer does ever get us a good cow the butcher swaps it out for some old garbage in the back. I need to find a farmer and butcher I can trust so until then it'll be costco. I've had the best consistently from Costco but I'm sure there's better beef out there.

Bb

Richard has one beef left. PM me and I’ll give you his number. Mine is getting killed in the morning.

What are you paying wrapped?

It went up this year, and this may not be entirely accurate, but pretty close. About a buck 40 on the hoof, and cut, wrap and freeze is about $500.

Honestly, I don’t pay much attention since the guy works for me full time and I’ve been trying to convince his dad that selling retail should be higher than sale barn prices. He thinks that’s “unfair” and “ charging too much”. Honest as the day is long, but not the best business man. And I love the beef, so I just count out however $100 bills he writes the bill for. The processing bill is a bit higher than for most because I have them minimize the amount of ground beef by cutting a bunch of stew meat.

Sic Semper Tyrannis