I am hesitant to even read this thread - much more taking part in it! I know quite a few native Americans, and I agree they live up to most of the derogatory comments and descriptions and I am as guilty as the rest of the people making fun of them and looking down on them.
But I also know quite a few real decent Indians. I realize the majority of them are alcoholics in the worst way and lazy..
If you read some history of the Lakota Sioux , the Crows and the Cheyennes, you will learn how their lives were interrupted and changed completely by the US Govt. (kinda like what's happening to- day). The Indians were given pieces of land guaranteed by signed US Treaties.
All of them were broken by the US Govt. and they were rounded up and put on reservations that kept getting smaller and smaller if the US Govt. decided we needed more land for us white folks.
I realize that the Indian people aren't like us, but we aren't a lot different.
I will say that I would trust even the drunkest low life Indian more that I would an equivalent black person.
The Native American people have a legitimate reason to feel cast aside compared to the black people. What have they been deprived of in comparison?
I had better quit now,
Ken