Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
stop all this silliness and get a Kangal, better yet get two.

Here ya go.

Impressive looking beast, but a NO GO for my needs.

New neighbors a few houses down (city folks wanna be farmers on 4 acres) moved in with Guinea hens, chickens and such... a REALLY REALLY dumb idea... (we have Bald eagles and Osprey by the score being on the water and all). They also have a fearsome Great Pyrenees guard dog to protect their flock. The neighbor warned us how fearsome the dog was and if Miss Lillie SCB came around the GP would kill her.

One inevitable day... the dogs met in the middle woods. It was absolutely hilarious... like Arnold Schwarzenegger trying to catch Bruce Lee...

We... and Rex (herding guard Aussie) got Miss Lillie back to our place... tail wagging happy... "Can I do that again Dad?"

Any dog fast enough to run down rabbits and squirrels... is what I need.

On the brutal terrain of our WV place a big dog will truly suffer.

Is a Kangal, a GP... or a CBR a tough dog against human or large game? Absolutely yes...

Are they nimble and fleet-a-foot in bramble, briar and laurel... absolutely not.

Smaller Curs and Asssies will warn, evade and allow me to aim a weapon. That is my need.

Every man has different needs...

The title of this post was about AGE to breed a bitch...

NOT about best breeds...

OR people's obsessive desire to ASK for a Government Regulatory Program to Authorize and Grant free men "Permission Slips" to have or breed dogs.

I swear some of you guys want .GOV to grant you permission to take a piss.

* Not directed at your AKA_Spook... I like the idea of a Kangal... or a CBR... in many many situations/places. If I owned rural land in mellow places like Idaho, Alaska, Montana with bears, lions and wolves... ABSOLUTELY... but WV is just too damn harsh for a big dog.

Last edited by CashisKing; 01/22/22. Reason: Clarify

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.