Got my ass out of bed for my last day of duck hunting. The weather was all wrong (see pictures) and so was the tide. Hit the water with 90 minutes before a low tide of 2.6’ft.

Low tides can make it a smidge sketchy navigating the boat through the small channel to get to where I like to hunt. Even running a pump motor, I still smacked 3 different logs just under the waters surface. All good, the transom held. A prop motor might have suffered a dent or ding on a blade though.

I will definitely need to figure out an alternative route next season on low tides when I switch out my pump motor to a prop. Honda 4 stroke 50hp coming in May, or so they say (see supply chain issues and Go Brandon).

Enough yapping. Here’s the pictures. Killed 6, lost 2 birds to a seam of fast current that rafted my ducks out into the bay. I emptied my Benelli’s guts 3 times without feather or leg dropping on others - complete whiffs.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Geese were abundant....Ducks, not so much.

Waiting for Daffy Duck to fly by.

And here’s the perfect weather for duck hunting ~ Sunny, clear, and little to no wind.

A few that got doomed by believing my duck calling meant safety.

Cool Drake with Jeri Curls...LOL

Beave out...🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”