Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Not a bad mixed bag. That has to be interesting hunting tides like that…definitely adds another element to the hunt. We skipped out this morning, had a couple inches of snow last night which turned the roads into a mess and didn’t want to risk towing the boat on ice pack. It’s been a slow season for us in NC, doesn’t seem we have ever gotten a good push of migrating birds.

I hit some black ice on the way to the dock...Truck, then trailer heading into the oncoming lane. Steered out of it without an issue.

Couple hours later across the bay I hear Police, Fire, and EMS light up and head towards where I lost control. Long story short. When I came through heading back home. A Stater was flagging traffic across from a bad wreck.

Minivan lost control and got T-boned by an oncoming Dodge SUV....I stopped and ask the Stater if they people were ok....He said “No Sir, they’re in bad shape.”

Only difference, I imagine was speed. I was doing 35 MPH because of ice. 2 hours later the sun was up and someone didn’t think that spots on the road still in the shadows can be slick. I’m guessing, but it looked like a 45-50 MPH wreck from the damage.

🦫

Saw the mini van maroon colored if it’s the same one on the wrecker. It didn’t look good with the side shoved in a couple of feet