Originally Posted by jaguartx
Great job Beav.

I went Thursday, the first day well since the Covid. Didnt get too bad but was on 2 Hydroxychloroquine per week plus the other stuff. Got kinda worried the Friday before and went in, got tested neg, got decadron and ab injection. Figured i would test neg as i had poured some betadine in a bottle of sterile saline nasal spray and been snorting it a lot. Jumprd up the D3 to 20,000 and Z Sulphate to 220, jumprd C to 6000, doubled on NAC, 2 Melatonin in pm, doubled selinium and hand held budesonide.

Drove 110 to Prcos at Orla after the last norther dropped temps there to 18 at night hoping it brought some greenheads down.

Covered a lot of river w no ducks before driving up a hill and spotting a flock a third mile up river with binocs. Drove to river and headed up on foot looping in where they had been. Gone. Hauled ass up river swimming after having seen the truck stationary on the hill and me looking st them with binocs through the windshield. Crap.

Start looping up the river through brush and weeds a blowdowns of old salt cedar from helicopter spraying years ago. A bitch.

Finally jump one straggler 50 yards below the main flock of 30 and throw up and spot shoot. Dont know how i missed but hes gaining power, speed and altitude. Put the bead on the tip of his quack and swing with him and KABOOM. He folds in flight graveyard dead but since the first shot missed he had pulled away and fell in the thick schiett across the river. Crap. No rod reel and Lucky 13 gonna get him, and he was Uge.

Crap. A half mile up or down river to a shallow crossing and im already wore about out from looping up river climbing banks and crossing blowdowns to get to river and look for them through the brush.

I get down to the edge and see 70 yds up a little island and shallower. Make it up there, sit in dead grass, pull off the Lacrosses, wool socks, Wrangler insulated jeans, Quail Run finest made medium thick Moreno longjohns and underwear and step in slush ice lining the shore. Wade across with water a little over a foot deep but sinking in mud and silt another foot holding up Heny with one hand and keeping balance with an 8 foot salt cedar staff while pulling out one foot after another.

Got across and worked down stream through the brush and stobs and weeds barefoot and laid the talley whaker grabbers on the big bastid. Uge.

Rested then headed back again. Got sat on the grass and wiped stinky mud off feet and from between toes afrte drying legs and nuts with the Fruit of the Looms. Wrapped my feet in the Quail Runs and waited for some feeling to return. Feels weird trying to pull heavy wool socks on feet you can see but cant feel. Was so worn out it took some doing to pull those LaCrosses up and on over my high instep with heavy wool socks. You'll learn when you get old enough that pulling on tight boots can be an exhausting event.

Was doing well but tired by the time i made it back to the truck. I love Quail Run Moreno longjohns.

Here he is. 44 inches wing tip to wing tip. I was wore out and headed home.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Jag,

That’s a lot of work for a duck.

Wait, I bought a boat, and decoys, and shells, and another shotgun, and new waders.

Never mind.

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”