Ah well, there’s always work out there for those willing to do it. I had that happen to me on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. I wasn’t too surprised as the big boss was a suck ass cuck who brought in his buddy to be over the rest of us. I was among the last of the team to go. Most everyone else had quit or been fired in the months leading up to me getting the axe. They paid me through the rest of the calendar year along with six weeks accumulated vacation + medical. It was glorious. I had a job interview on that Friday and three job offers before the end of the month. Paid off 1/3 of the remaining balance of the house with the double income. Unca Sugga sure appreciated it too when tax time rolled around. Ended up making 50% more at the new job than I was previously with a much more generous retirement plan to boot. Success is the best form of revenge.

Last summer the VP took me to lunch and told me the big boss had been fired and my supervisor demoted. He begged me to come back. I politely declined but that was the best damn lunch I have had in quite some time. I’ve 7 years to go before I hit 59.5; but will probably hang it up then. I’ve enough money saved to be comfortable and am getting to a point where I just don’t care anymore.

Last edited by Ben_Lurkin; 01/28/22.

Yours in Liberty,

BL