Originally Posted by shaman
Now for the dark side: Some of y'all have already guessed it.

1) I'm unvaxxed, and wholly unrepentant and I reported officially to management that status less than a month ago.
2) I had my malignant left nut removed in August.
3) I was less than 6 months away from being fully vested in retirement.

You can form your own conclusions as you wish.

As to the rest of it, I did the grand and honorable thing 9 months ago to stomp my feet and write emails about my situation. My local server farm was woefully out of date. The hardware was purchased used in 2015. The VMWare hosts were going down just looking sideways at them and the UPS that held up the server room was beeping at me, telling me the battery was shot. I wanted a refresh, and they said no. I then lobbied for help in getting everything moved off to the cloud so I could be done with primary responsibility. I got that, and spent the next six months migrating everything to the corporate cloud.

I got the last server turned off 31 December, and unplugged the UPS on the way out the door. My main duties of keeping the site afloat was officially over. When I walked into this in 2016, I was shepherding a site with 20 servers, 300 users on 3 shifts, and running its own ERP system. I left with 3 dozen users, and everything in the cloud. I couldn't even find a purchaser to buy me network patch cables. The last one retired in August.

Thanks all for the good wishes. I just spent the last 30 minutes watching Youtubes on how to accurize a Brown Bess. I think I have enough DBC left for one more (BIG) bore.

No idea about the specifics of your situation or your state's employment laws but I would think you'd be eligible to draw unemployment benefits off this company, therefore may also still be able to get the 6 months in you need to be fully vested since you still would be on the company's employee roster until unemployment benefit ends.