Originally Posted by dubePA
2014 Silverado 1500 4x4 ext. cab, bought new. 93K Still on first set of replacement brake pads. Couple minor repairs while under warranty. Only major out of warranty repair, $350 for new A/C condenser last summer. Everything still works, including heated front seats and remote start. OEM battery went teats up at 3.5 years. Dealer's replacement was a tad cheaper than Advance Auto Parts.

Best part, still does 20 or better, highway mileage.

Total for repairs since a new Chevy in 2002, 2006 GMC, 2010 Silverado and the 2014, all 4x4 ext. cabs: Probably less than $600. And the 5.3Ls are rockets.

I have the the same 2014 truck with the GMC sticker on it (Z71 Crew 4x4 SLT). 103k miles - still has original brakes. Other than tires and a battery, the only thing that has been done is the AC Condenser, which was very common. Mine still runs like new, no creaks, rattles, still very strong (been tuned and a few parts replaced), and it's wearing 33x12.5 and will still get 20+ mpg on the highway. I'll probably get the AFM disabled because I made it louder and it can drone a bit in 4 cylinder mode.

With the insane prices out there now I have no plans to do anything with it. I have several friends with in the same date range with 200k+ miles on them.