Originally Posted by Buzz
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Every manufacturer of ½ ton pick ups make a good, reliable truck, most of the time.

If you talk to 10 people who have put 100K on any brand, you will get 6 to 8 who tell you about a good, reliable truck that has never let them down.
You will always get at least 1 or 2 who tells you it is a piece of junk.
Sometimes you just get a lemon.

As often as not, that 1 or 2 pieces of junk were poorly maintained or pushed beyond reasonable limits.

At last a reasonable answer instead of brand-bashing. Thank you

drover

I agree and the "I had a x brand and it was a POS I'll never have another." You pay your money you take your chances. I've known one person that had a collapsed lifter on a GM. The same lady blew a motor on a Toyota Sequoya before the Suburban and proclaims her latest vehicle is a piece of crap too. Perhaps just bad luck, but that's really really bad luck - especially on a 5.7L iForce motor. The overwhelming majority of any new ones last a good while, some don't. Her pops GMC just doesn't want to seem to die and it has more miles on it than I've ever seen anyone's toy yoda go but I am not going to proclaim on a sample size of one that anything is good or bad but this one is going on 23 years and at this point has enough mileage to have gone around the world 25 times.

Here is the last odometer reading. Maybe he should read this thread to hear about how awful his GM is wink

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If it doesn't have AFM it is going to last a long time properly maintained. Not an option with todays GM products. Its going to still have a problem with the cheap mixer doors failing and the transmissions are not great but it is a decent solid truck.