Originally Posted by RAS
To be honest, I didn’t think Putin would go for the whole country.

If Putin is successful, and I think he will be, the Russian Federation will share a giant border with many NATO countries in Eastern Europe.

I am not thinking about Ukraine. I am thinking about the world after Ukraine is Russian soil. Would you be willing to fight WWIII for Slovakia? It very well could happen under the NATO Charter.

The world is a lot more dangerous today. A lot more.

Yea RAS, I live in mid-eastern Romania, about 300 miles or so , as the crow flies from Crimea. I've been here almost 8 years now and never thought I'd see this. In a few days we will have Russia on our northern border. It may be a while, but I think he (Putin) will go for non-EU, non-NATO Moldova next, which is on our north eastern border. After that if Putin still has ambitions, it will be the acid test for NATO and the free world. Let him or not let him. I know it is not really the United States fight and ever since the Soviet break up, these European countries should have been building their militarys, to defend themselves instead of carrying on with their corruption, but the question is: Does the USA and the rest of the free world want to allow Russia to gobble up a large portion of free Europe and be an even larger menace to the rest of the world in the future? Hopefully the Chinese will not choose to show their asses at this time, RJ