I got a 2 year old 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 LTZ 5.3 about 4 years ago nowwith about 20K miles and I love this truck. Put a cap on it right away to protect stuff I carry in the bed when I'm going hunting, camping, fishing, or other things.... It rides so much better than the 3/4 ton trucks I used to own that all my buddies (and my wife) always want to take my truck when we go anywhere any more. A couple buddies have older trucks or their buddies drive newer Dodges and Fords and they tell me their back won't hold up to riding in any trucks for long drives hunting and fishing except mine...

So, if I was going to buy a new truck today- which I won't - it would be the same truck set up the same way except for the new 10 speed tranny. My son has a 2020 GMC Sierra with the 10 speed and all the options and it is a great truck. I don't tow enough to justify a 3/4 ton truck anymore and my gas mileage is pretty good for a truck- about 12-15 most days in town and highway driving and around 22-24 on the highway.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.