Originally Posted by ol_mike
People do engine swaps from 'salvage' engines in performance applications all the time.

Big 3 rotor mazda Rotary engines are a popular swap and street legal.
I knew a guy from Oregon who had a volkswagon diesel in a suzuki samurai 4x4, 35+mpg.

I've seen the VW Diesel swap in the Samurai 4 x 4.. that is pretty cool...

knew a guy up in Washington, that had a VW Karman Ghia, and mounted a Mazda Rotary engine in it...
plenty of room back there for that little Wankel engine.. and a radiator with electric fan...

fastest like Karman Ghia I ever saw....

Some guy over in Bend, will import Toyota Diesels from Australia or Japan, and put them in 4 Runners is his thing...
will do that or install Mercedes Small Diesels in them.....

Conversion was $15K, installed into your 4 Runner....haven't seen him advertise tho on line, in quite a while....

In Phoenix, I've seen Toyota trucks and 4 Runners with Mexican plates on them with Diesel engines.... factory installs..

we can't get them here due to the EPA, but in Mexico they can get all sorts of cool stuff.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez