Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Before we devolve into why you guys like sending money to Japan, let’s keep it on track.

Japan killed, tortured, and ate US servicemen. Yet most overlook that, and buy their vehicles. They say to move on, that was in the past.

Ok, cool. Got it. “I like giving the emperor my money because xyz.”

Yet, a not insubstantial subset that drive jap vehicles say “fûck Russia” based on ideals that don’t hold any more water than the “fûck Japan” guys.

It’s hypocrisy.

You make a valid point...

In my mind... if you buy a Ford/GM/Mopar you are directly funding the UAW and the democrats/communists that kill, torture, and eat Americans daily (figuratively... but may also be literally as well?).

If you buy a Toyota you are getting something you can trust (at least I trust them)... AND sending a big FU to the democrats/communists that kill, torture, and eat Americans daily.

As for Russia and that other country they are at war with... I really have no idea... never been there... never met them personally. Honestly... no idea about any of it... nor do I really car.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.