Originally Posted by Henryseale
Well, I'm a Boomer, born in 1955, and I don't like the damned Russians. Don't trust 'em. Hmm...wonder why not? Maybe it could be their history? Maybe because they were allied with our enemy Germany in the first stages of WW II until Germany double crossed them. They refused to help out the Brits and us against Japan until the literal last few weeks of the war and then only obviously to seize territory and nuclear technology from them (many don't realize that Japan also had a nuclear development program). These are the same Russians who have kept to this day nuclear armed submarines off our coasts with missiles aimed at us, and the same damned Russians who always seem to be supplying arms to every dictator that opposes us on the whole damned planet. This is the same damned Russia who has recently openly threatened the Western nations with nuclear war if any should happen to displease the great mother Russia. It doesn't make a rats ass to me if they are calling themselves communists this week or something else. Just what, pray tell, have they done in the last 30 years or so to do any good in the world? What? They have not done a damned thing much different than what the Russians have done in the 1950s, 60s 70s, 80s, etc., etc. Yeah, they granted freedom to some of the territories they seized in WW II, but only because their economy was in such bad shape they could no longer maintain control of them by force.

Do not misunderstand me, I am not particularly taking up for the government of Ukraine, that appears to have been rife with corruption. Having said that, there is probably just about as much corruption in Russia as there is in Ukraine. I cannot believe some who claim to support Russia in this that the fine upstanding virtuous Russians only wanted to clean out the despicable corrupt Ukrainian government and free the oppressed citizens. I guess by the wholesale killing of the citizens and systematic destruction of the country when they discovered they would not roll over and surrender immediately was the only way to do so. Ukraine may very well have had some corruption issues within it's government, but they were in no way any threat to Russia. Maybe Putin was jealous as he thought they were more corrupt than he? What is beyond obvious is that Russia, communist or not, wanted to take the warm water ports and grain production of of a free and sovereign Ukraine by unprovoked military force. Do I want to see U.S. troops involved in this? Absolutely not. Do I want to see Russia get the [bleep] kicked out of them over this? Damned right! How many Ukrainian subs are in the Gulf, and off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts with nuclear missiles aimed at us? None. How many Russian? I don't pretend to know, but I have no doubt they are there and we surely have ours deployed as well as a deterrent. I also have no doubt that if we had no deterrent forces, we would not exist. I don't want to go to war with anyone, and I don't want anyone to go to war against me, either. I would really like to see this resolved and soon. However, if the Russians persist, I hope they pay dearly for it.

Lol

How much money taken From me at gunpoint has been given to Russia, and how much to the Ukraine? You can argue semantics and who is more corrupt all day long and I don’t give a flying fûck. Where’s my money going, to whom, and why? If you can answer those questions and still support Zalensky and his ball lickers you’re quite the contortionist.

MAGA