Originally Posted by Big Stick
"Ron" the cartridge Designer,is fhuqking AWESOME! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only in "fairness",I've suffered a 30-378,300 Ultra's,300 Super's,300Wby's,300H&H's,300 Winny's and 300 Whizzum's as .308" bores go,in .532" caseheads or greater. Them days are gone. That as much to do with the LRF,as good bullets. Hint.

Interestingly,I've never crimped a single one and/or set a bullet back. Have deformed a jazillion or so exposed lead tips,but that's an issue separate. The "too short" neck on a 300 Winny,is yet another HILARIOUS Wives Tale concocted by The Google Gals. Though I've never had a 300 Winny shorter than 22" or longer than 26". Mechanically,in a .532" 700 LA,the 300 Winny is THE pick of the litter,yet pales to the 7mm RemMag. Hint.

Simply choose a projectile wisely,give Mechanics a thunk(RPM/throat geometry/COAL) and simply build for balance/handling. I'll HAPPILY opt less case capacity,for more bullet,if only because I shoot it all. Hint...............

Yeah I knew he meant Roy as I'm sure you & most did, I've got several 300 Wins and they killed everything I meant to kill in 9 different Units in AK, have a Rem Classic in 300 WBY and 12 other 30 cals from 30-30 Win to 7.82 Warbird & beyond in wildcats, one thing I'd never do is choose any 7mm over a 30 cal, Have the basic piddly 7mm-08 Yawningtown and 7mm Rem Almost Magnum and a couple of hot wildcats, but if going mm's I prefer the one a full mm wider in the hips, she's so much sexier with the longer legs

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".