I was searching through my Inbox for something else entirely and came across an email I’d missed from Midway informing me that the Winchester 150 grain 30-30 FN had been discontinued from the MFG.

Within 15 minutes, I’d cycled through all 5 stages of grief and was left feeling empty and resigned. Yes, indeed. The bullet was no more.
I’m going back now 20 years. I was new to 24hourcampfire.com. I’d had all sorts of trouble with my 30-30, and been faced with my first serious reloading dilemma. I’m not going to rehash all that, only to mention that Adobe Walls quietly suggested that I try the Winchester 150 grainers and see if my success improved. It did, and through 20 years, it has been a mainstay of my reloading shelf.

Did the bullet fix my problem? Probably not. I’d just had some bum luck. However, I stopped having trouble after adopting the new load, and that was good enough for me. It was Adobe Walls’ confidence in the bullet that really did it.

So here it is, 20 years later. What’s left out there for the 30-30? I need something to believe in. I'm looking for a cheap dependable bullet that gets the job done on whitetails inside 100 yards.

Last edited by shaman; 06/25/22.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer