Originally Posted by DigitalDan
So Shaman, what ya want? Which one will be your new sweetheart?

Don't know quite yet. I'm still stuck in this hospital room, so it's not like I'm going to be up to anything for a while. I just thought I'd ask the question and let the answers wash over me.

One thing is for certain: comparing answers from 2002-2003 to now, things are not as polarized. More people had definite tastes in 30 WCF. Sadly, a lot of those old curmudgeons are now no longer with us.

I've actually toyed with 30-30 more than most of my chamberings. I'm always getting ideas. Since 2002, I've also added a Savage 340 to the rack. That's #1 granddaughter's if she wants it. Although she still has some growing to do.

My guess is that I was WAAAAY over-thinking the problem back in 2002. Just about every common bullet has its proponents, and I'm sure that if the situation had been different, all the bullets I tried would have been suitable.

BTW: One of the biggest peeves I had was that I was using the Marlin 336 for Mooseboy's first Yute rifle. He had horrible luck. It took about a decade for him to fess up and admit he'd been closing his eyes before pulling the trigger. Once I switched him to the M1 Garand, he stopped having trouble. Lil Angus also had good luck with the Marlin stoked with the Win FP's.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer